[3830] Commonwealth VE3OSZ Restricted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3osz@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3OSZ Restricted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:28:05 -0700

Total:  159  Total Score = 2,575

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Bonus QSOs:

15: 5
20: 21
40: 37
80: 26

Operating time includes periods spent reading a book while waiting for
conditions to improve. They didn't ! The ionospheric disturbance caused 80 to
close early and put paid to my hopes for a good lot of bonus QSOs on that band.
My apologies to several Gs who could not be copied because of the high noise
level.

Otherwise, there was some good propagation to such places as ZL, VK, ZS, VQ9,
9J, ZC4, 5X and 5B.

VQ4XF was a beacon on most bands most of the time.

A major snow storm hit during the contest but, surprisingly, all of my antennas
continued to work.

Station:

Drake TR7 - 100 watts
inverted L for 80