[3830] WiQP K0PC SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP K0PC SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:44:36 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0     0
   80:  263     3
   40:  166     1
   20:    8     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
  UHF:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  437     4  Mults = 61  Total Score = 87,337.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

My WIQP day started out with a bang. I was ten minutes from home and getting on
the freeway when the pickup truck in front of me lost control, turned sideways
and rolled. I stopped in time about 15 feet away from him. The truck was on its
side facing toward me and the driver was staring at me with the widest eyes I've
ever seen. He wasn't injured, thankfully, and I stayed until the police arrived.
Needless to say, I drove very carefully after that.

Met up with my driver John, W9DND and we headed to our starting place south of
La Crosse. By the time the party started we had been fed and gassed and were
ready to go. 20M was almost non-existent, I had only 8 QSOs all day and half of
those were in the first hour. Every thing was from the west coast with the
exception of N8NA in DE and W9EAU when I was in the next county. (I was
probably in the shadow of the 20M tower at W0AIH).

80 & 40 vied all day for the most QSOs but 80M pulled ahead in the last three
hours. Activity really picked up toward the end of the party. The 10 min rate
topped 120 several times on 80M in the last two hours. A first for me as a QSO
Party mobile, I worked 4 SSB QSOs looking for mults but only came up with one
new one. The side windows started to steam up so I went back to CW.

The all stars in the log with ten or more QSOs were:
14  W0BV  A clean sweep!!
13  KV8Q  Missed only Dunn Co
12  W9EAU & K8MR
11  WA1UJU
10  VE3NBJ

Thanks for all the QSOs. I hope do it again next year (without the crashing
truck part).

73,
Pat  K0PC