[3830] OkQP VE3CRU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE3CRU@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] OkQP VE3CRU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:20:53 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Whitby, Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:      7        1
   40:     24        3
   20:     68       27
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:     99       31  Mults = 63  Total Score = 22,743

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Very poor conditions here in Ontario including lots of snow static on the
antennas all weekend from heavy snowfall.  Antennas behaved very well overall.
Signals were weak to marginal at times, to add to the challenge but
perseverence paid off.

Mobiles were the hub of this contest.  To name some who kept me busy chasing
them, with a quick log count of times worked:  W0BH - 18, W5TM - 17, NO5W - 12,

K5YAA - 12, W3DYA - 10, AF5Q - 10, K5AAR - 7, NY4N - 3, K0WHY - 3.  Others also
worked and missed in scanning, equally appreciated for being there.  W5TM stood
out as a "line-hugger".  As always, mobiles got lost when qsy took place, for a
while.

Many thanks to the organizers for another great QSO Party, and to all who
participated and gave out so many points.  Looking forward to next year.

73,  Bill   VE3CRU     Chase me in our OntQP April 19-20 as VE3CRU/R