[3830] WiQP NE9U SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, skjasper@att.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP NE9U SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:19:22 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:  232
   40:  163
   20:   48
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  443     0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 86,082.0

Club:

Comments:

Wish I could say I had fun.  Well, the customary Saturday night Steak dinner was
fun!

When I rigged up the antenna and rig Saturday around noon I discovered S9 noise
on 40 meters.  I have never had a totally quiet installation, but this was worse
than normal.  Well, I didn't have any time to figure it out, so I picked up my
friend around 2:00 and we headed north.  I tried to use the noise blanker in
the TS850 and filters, but if the 40 meter caller wasn't fairly strong, I'm
afraid I cq'd in his face...sorry about that.  For whatever reason, 80 and 20
weren't as bad.  (But not much activity on 20)  Guess I better get the truck
noise figured out before next year!  Hopefully its something as simple as new
wires.  (I have had an intermittent "Check engine" light coming on.  My
mechanic said its a misfire on a cylinder and he thought it might be a plug
wire....I should have replaced it already!!!!!

In retrospect I should have hit half my counties and pulled off the road and
shut the truck off to dig deeper for the weak guys on 40 meters.

If my usual partner's health is improved by mid April, we are kicking around
giving the Mich QSO party another shot (Combined with a visit to my daughter
who is up at Michigan Tech).

73

Scott  NE9U