[3830] Commonwealth VA3RAC(VE3QAA) Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VA3RAC(VE3QAA) Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:12:19 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VA3RAC
Operator(s): VE3QAA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: Open HP
QTH: Ottawa
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:   66
   40:  200
   20:  254
   15:   42
   10:    2
------------
Total:  564  Total Score = 5,740

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

FT-1000D, Alpha87, All-band non-rotatable wire antenna, and 4 reversible Bevs.
My first experience as HQ station, and based on last year's experience with my
own call, I was concerned that I may not be able to manage the anticipated
pile-ups.  The extreme QRN from snow static made that a non-issue, as it wiped
out all but the strongest stations.  My apologies to those who called and were
not heard.

The weather conditions for weekend operating were the worst in memory.  Heavy
snow fall (Officially 56 cm) and strong winds.  Monday was beautiful, of
course, bright sun and no wind.

As usual, this contest was a lot of fun, and am looking forward to next year.