[3830] Rus DX HG6N M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha1ag@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX HG6N M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 06:40:11 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: HG6N
Operator(s): HA3OV HA3NU HA6ND HA1AG
Station: HG6N

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Karancs Hill 873m
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   230    113      50        51
   80:   248    251      70        64
   40:   419    285      82        66
   20:   412    578      85        73
   15:   216     32      58        41
   10:    24      0      10         9
Total:  1549   1259     355       304  Total Score = 12,673,229

Club:

Comments:

Rig: 2x FT1000MP, TS-950sdx backup
Amps: Alpha 91B +  HM
Antennas:
160m: dipole on trees @18m
80m: dipoles on trees @18m
40m: 2 el HB9CV for 8 MHz ;-) at 22m
20m: 5 ele Yagi at 13m, 5 ele Yagi at 22m
15m: 6 ele Yagi at 17m
10m: 4 ele Yagi at 6m, 5 ele Yagi at 30m

Beverage rx antennas: 350m to NA, 180m to JA

SW: Wintest 3.19, worked ok, except it did not recognize R0Q as multiplier.

This year we decided to do MS in RusDx to share the fun of the best contest of
the year. We had beautiful wx over the whole weekend except Friday afternoon
when we installed the 2nd 20m antenna freezing in the pouring rain and strong
wind! Vy tnx to HA6PN for his sacrifice to spend 4 hours on the tower in that
wx.

We had some great runs and some techncial mishaps but most of them solved by
HA6ND on the spot.

Too bad that the low band fun was lessened by the thunderstorm QRN in NA. We
heard many NA stn's with big sigs (6Y1LZ was LOUD) but couldn't work any. We
could not get through to K5ZD on our sunrise sked either - and if Randy could
not get our nr it must have been really bad. Luckily several minutes after
sunrise a booming N2NL called in and we got the QSO and the elusive W mult
quickly. Tnx Dave!

40m and 20m was a madhouse. Finding a freq on those bands was impossible
without  stepping on someone's toes. sorry but it was not personal ;)

15m was fun and OM3LA served as a good beacon - when Ivan started to get calls
we QSYed to 15m to get rewarded by many EU Rus mults. We owe you a beer Ivan !
:-) Sorry for those whom I turned away with NIL but I did not want to guess
serial nr's and risk the penalty. I heard an EME-like ZL1TM on 15m but he could
not hear us.

Our 10m EME, scatter and LOS QSOs praise HA3OV who patiently pulled them out.

The contest gains more and more popularity and it brings some bad things too.
This year we had some ugly freq fights as well. Funny that those guys who are
so nice at the hamfest beer evenings can turn into agressive maniacs in the
darkness of their shacks... This year I noticed much less Russian calls and
much more international participants - it is clearly reflected in the P/Q
figures.

Congrats to Harry and co for their great score from 4o as well as to the lids
on TK!

73! zoli ha1ag

ps: we are clearly ageing: not a single can of beer was consumed on
Saturday/Sunday... If it keeps changing like this we might soon end up eating
veggie dishes and drinking fruit juice during contests!