[3830] Rus DX ZC4LI SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hodgson@cytanet.com.cy
Subject: [3830] Rus DX ZC4LI SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:46:13 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: ESBA CYPRUS
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   120    0        31        27
   80:   366    0        41        52
   40:   528    0        47        58
   20:   943    0        52        67
   15:   132    0        34        21
   10:     0    0         0         0
Total:  2089    0       205       225  Total Score = 6,179,530

Club: ESBA

Comments:

SO1R

Antennas:-  C/Craft A3S + 40M addon @ 50ft  Titanex 160HD
Rig:-       Ic-756 PRO3
Amp:-       Acom-1000
Software:-  Wintest

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's.
First 4 hours were pretty busy running around 150 an hour.
Condx on the open bands were good. 10 was dead as a doornail
and 15 was a struggle. 160 was ok into europe. Bread and butter
band was 20 as usual.
1200z start times do not suit me at all as I have already been
up for 9 hours which stretches a 24 hour contest into 33.
I much prefer the 0000z start times then I can get a good kip {sleep}
before kick off.
I was going to give my {Very Basic} SO2R set up a bit of a run on
20 and 15 but I never got around to it as I was too busy on the
run rig.
I have made some stubs to try to get rid of the harmonics but I
can't seem to get rid of them completely, is this the norm ?

73 and hope to cu in the BARTG,  Steve.