[3830] VaQP K2DBK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dbk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K2DBK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:28:14 -0700
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: K2DBK
Operator(s): K2DBK
Station: K2DBK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    2
   80:   21     29
   40:   38    105
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   61    134      0  Mults = 76  Total Score = 24,106

Club:

Comments:

I thought it'd be nice to retain my NJ high score for this year (I think I had
one or two other competitors last year), so I figured I'd spend some time
playing in this really friendly contest. I started slowly Saturday afternoon
but didn't have too much time, and wound up not being able to work any low
bands at all Saturday night due to other obligations. Things picked up a bit
towards the end of the contest on Sunday, and I even managed to work a couple
of stations on 160, which is a credit to the listening ability of K4C and KG4W,
the two that heard my teeny signal.

The mobiles were great fun, and I just wish that I'd managed to get WA4PGM/M in
even more of the apparently dozens of counties that he put on. AB4A and N4LCL
were great too, and even easier to work once I finally figured out that their
serial numbers were always the same.

The downside of being so close to Virginia is that I can usually only work
stations on 40m or 80m, so I'm limited in that respect, but I really do like
the  fact that even with just 100w into a G5RV I can occasionally get a little
run going. I don't think any of the big guns have much to worry about, but I
know that I had fun participating and I'm sure I'll be back next year.

My total score, assuming I calculated it right, includes the 500 point bonus
for working K4NVA.