[3830] Rus DX 9A1UN(@9A1P) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX 9A1UN(@9A1P) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:56:49 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: 9A1UN
Operator(s): 9A1UN
Station: 9A1P

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Tican, JN65vg
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   92      40      39        22
   80:  285     279      59        55
   40:  201      34      48        33
   20:  258     681      76        67
   15:   98      47      45        15
   10:    1       0       1         0
Total:  934    1082     268       192  Total Score = 5,580,076

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

What to say, well few days before the contest I was very motivated but than lot
of things went wrong. Friday came to the location and noticed some malfunctions
on most of the ants, just two weeks b4 everything was ok for arrl.
So 1st 160m vertical was broken, we managed to repair it but somehow I couldnt
get better swr than 1:1.8 so had to use limited power on that band.
Some of our neighbours had fun with 80m vertical radial sistem end all wires
were together full of knots, spent a few hours repairing and spreading radials
around. 40m looked OK, 20m resonance somehow went 500khz up, I think that some
water got into the coax but was too late to repair that. 15m and 10m were fb
but useless in this part of the cycle. After noticed all this problems the plan
was to repair 160m on friday and solve radial thing on saturday morning.
We did that without problems and I had smile on my face again, except I was
tired because I was at 07am already on contest qth.
Than happend the worst thing that could happen in a contest, 40m key band
antenna 4el full size yagi was stuck to west. With antenna in this position I
had more than 25db attenuation in the most importatnt direction for this
contest. Here decided to run the contest anyway and do as much as possible with
this setup. Started running on 20m and after first 4 hours had 600+ qsos.
Than the time for 40m arrived but with ant to west there was no chance to get
any run to Russia nor keep the qrg clear. Already at 18z had first usa calling
in on 40m but unforunatly this is not arrl dx is the rdxc. Later 80m was quite
good but the gap with the big boys was already really big. Motivation went deep
down and was thinking few times to qrt but kept working till the end.
Hope Murphy did enough for this season so I belive it could not get worse for
the next contest :)
Congrats to OM3LA,9A5X,S50A and others for great efforts.

73 Dave 9A1UN