[3830] Rus DX 6Y1LZ(K1LZ) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX 6Y1LZ(K1LZ) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:28:04 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: 6Y1LZ
Operator(s): K1LZ
Station: 6Y1LZ

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: JAMAICA
Operating Time (hrs): 21.4

  160:    21     0        5         0
   80:   117    39       32         8
   40:   498    30       64        22
   20:   574   407       69        44
   15:   197    66       38         6
   10:     0     0        0         0
Total:  1407   542      208        80  Total Score = 2,680,128

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I start the contest very good on 20 SSB and for the first 1 1/2 hour I thought I
will have a very good score, until I changed the band to 40 meters. From that
point I realize that I could not hear any thing on 40, 80 and 160. I started
struggling with a Caribbean noise and a huge pile up on 40 and the only ones I
could hear was the stations with a signal of more than 59+20. At 1 point I was
embarrassed that I could not handle the pile up, I went to 80 the situation was
the same and 160 also. I had beverages and K9AY loop and that did not help at
all.
So I apologize to every one who called and called me on all 3 low bands.

On the end the mission is accomplice. I am happy with the score and unhappy the
way I performed. Usually the low bands for me are the strongest bands but this
time the noise did not allow me to do that.
Thanks to every one who worked 6Y1LZ and see you in the next contest.

73 Ð?rassy