[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:49:15 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 21

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: QLF Central
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  14      6
   40:  19     10
   20:   6      3
-------------------
Total:  39     19  Total Score = 741

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Greetings from QLF Central.

I should have known how tonight's NSL would probably play out when the partial
English speaking tow truck driver called me just minutes before the start and
got very frustrated trying to communicate while the NSL start clock was rapidly
ticking down.

At 2 minutes before blast off, I had to quickly reboot the Confuzzzer to fix a
WriteLog/DXD problem (again), and was about 15 seconds late getting into the
NSL sandbox.

My headset kept sliding off tonight, so guess I need to put a Velcro patch on
my bald head to solve that problem.  Or maybe try some Dr. Scholl's footpowder
on top?

It was Fumble-Fingers City on the keyboard again - apologies again to all for
the QLF callsigns that spewed out like VVE4XT (sorry, Kelly), etc. W7WHY gets
the NS Patience award, 'cuz each time we worked I QLF'd.  Until I resolve a
particular problem here, attempting SO2R is a Nightmare.

Surprised to hear N3BB tonight, so it must be Spring Break time from Jim's
Thursday Night language class since I didn't hear a /M tagged onto the call.

Very cool to work the Monster WX3B signal on 40m - Tnx for showing up, Jim.

In two weeks, I'm going to unplug the telephone at 0200 UTC and get configured
to roll by 0315 UTC.  That should help.  Hopefully.

73 & Happy Easter to all...

Rick, K6VVA * The (QLF) Locust