[3830] BARTG KL8DX SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, akdxer@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG KL8DX SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:23:40 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 21.02

   80:
   40:
   20:  405      30         22
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  405      30         22  Continents = 7  Total Score = 147,420

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

My first near serious attempt at this contest (short on the 30 hrs).
A good EU opening from 0600z thru 1730z on the 22nd sure helped. Lots
of strong signals over the pole from Europe and Russia! That really
helped the score along.

My best rate was 120 QSO's per hour and that was short lived. No
barn burning rates due to band conditions. Did not hear a peep out
of EU on the 23rd. I was hoping for a similar opening Saturday night
as we had Friday night but it never happened. Friday night and
Saturday were the best nights. Sunday, the bands were not very good
with lots of deep QSB as signals would go from 599 down to 519.

I had lots of local power line noise pointed to the lower 48 but
none pointed to Europe, so I was able to take advantage of that to
work several multipliers and new countries on RTTY. This was the
main reason for the repeats to the lower 48 stations and I'm sure
I missed a few that called, sorry. I am hoping I did not bust too
many callsigns.

I would guess that Easter probably kept many limited in their
activity but even with a holiday there were many on and once
again, I worked several new calls.

Only low points were when a "5" station decided to work my frequency
after I had been there for well over an hour. I tried calling a "2"
station, as did several, but he must of fallen asleep with his auto
CQ on. Never answered any of us and I heard several calling him.

High points, several! I enjoy these types of contests where
everyone can work everyone! Both of my DXCC and WAS awards
benefited from this contest.

I plan on being active in the WPX contest so see ya's then!
Thanks to those that pulled out my weak AK signal.

*Score above as reported by N1MM, which may be a little low due
to a missed MULT working E78AB.