[3830] BARTG VE9DX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG VE9DX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:50:37 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   95
   40:  178
   20:  337
   15:   12
   10:    0
-----------------------------------
Total:  622      77         52  Continents = 6  Total Score = 481,428

Club:

Comments:

Interesting...

High's:
Working more JA's this weekend than I have worked totally over the past 2
years.
More UA9's / UA0's than normal. (8 total)
More KL7's than normal.
Hearing great signals from VK and ZL on 40.
Hearing signals on 10 meters. (3 in all)  CV5K, J39BS and NP3D/W2.

Lows:
QRN bad on the low bands with deep QSB all weekend.
Very few VK or ZL stations around when the prop was best on 40.
Not many UK ststions appeared to be active but suspect it may have been my
location as most of Western Europe was weak most of the time.
Very few Canadians heard (only 4 VE3's all weekend)  What happened CCO ?
Hearing lots of signals on 15 from North America and only able to work 12
stations total.
Hearing signals on 10 and coming up empty.  NP3D/W2 was loud for about 5
minutes.  I tried everything I could to be heard but no joy.  Strange I did not
hear others as Andrei was S9 plus.

There seemed to be lots of familiar calls missing this weekend but to be honest
- I only did a few minutes of Search and Pounce all weekend.  Right or wrong, I
figured if any needed me for the multi, they would find me...!

Considering my antenna's (an HFV9 vertical and a low dipole for 80) - low power
I was surprised with the contact totals.

To all that called - many thanks.  I hope I increased your scores by a few
points.

My log will be uploaded to LOTW later today.

73 Andy (VE9DX)