[3830] WPX SSB W1KQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1kq@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1KQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:19:26 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W1KQ
Operator(s): W1KQ
Station: W1KQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.27

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  115
   15:   41
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Last minute participation.  Had to work again on Saturday and had a lot to do
around the house but got up Sunday morning and decided to do some operating.
This was all after having to reinstall XP from scratch on the shack
machine...DV Dongle driver crashed my system file and no recovery
disk...DOH!!!
AL-811H with 572B tubes gave me 900 watts PEP...I noticed in the BARTG RTTY I
was getting close to that for max although I only ran 400 watts for that test.
Installed tubes after Christmas and have been getting only 600 PEP...yeah maybe
only a needle's width difference in sig now but hey!!
Exciter FT-1000D. Antenna Cobra dipole made out of 14 AWG Romex up 75'.
Only worked 20m and 15m for this contest.