[3830] WPX SSB WA7XX(@K8IA/N7RQ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WA7XX(@K8IA/N7RQ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:54:47 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WA7XX
Operator(s): K8IA N7RQ
Station: K8IA/N7RQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 44

------------
  160:   34
   80:  348
   40:  674
   20: 1035
   15:  200
   10:   22
------------

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Radio Position #1: Orion II, Dunestar 600 BPF, Alpha 91B
Radio Position #2: TS-870S, Dunestar 600 BPF, Acom 1000

Antennas: (Switched to either position via WX0B Six-Pack)
3 el SteppIR at 78'
M-Squared 40M3L 3 el 40m yagi at 71'
Temporary Inverted-L for high portion of 40 ssb
Inverted V for 80m, appex at 67'
78' vertical (shunt fed tower) for 160m
K9AY Rx Loops for 80/160

What a wild ride it was. Best personal performance by this YL + OM team!

One real great highlight wasnt at all about us or our operation. It was taking
a few minutes to listen to Jordan, KI4GUO, run a 40m pileup. She is the 13 yr
old daughter of K4CZ and KI4ZWQ. She was doing real well picking the calls out
and handling things, even chiding some WB9, at one point, to "use phonetics".
;-)

The future of contesting looks bright!

See you all in the Seventh Area QSO Party, May 3-4,  where we will be N7A.

73, Bob K8IA
88, Sandy N7RQ
Signal Butte Contest Team
Arizona USA