[3830] WPX SSB W4LT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W4LT SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:18:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 8.31

------------
  160:    0
   80:   11
   40:  181
   20:  154
   15:   79
   10:   15
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Sat in the chair as much as possible between house work, selling a car and
attempting to buy another one for my son...  And the weather here in Florida
was just SOOOO nice this weekend!!

I thought we had sunspots?  Conditions were so so, with massive QSB on 10 and
15 at times.  Experienced what I think was a blackout on 15 Saturday, a big
rushing noise, and all the signals disappeared for about four minutes.

Some fun runs on 40, used my old TS430s instead of the 850S/AT for these.  The
extra 35 watts may have helped!  Was encouraged with my performance on 40, I'm
getting quite good at quickly setting splits with N1MM with the 850!

Did anybody else work S566D or was he a special call just for me?  He called me
on 40 and I asked him three times just to make sure!  I just copy what they
send!

One insane moment in this test!  Was running on 40 when a good ol boy sounding
gent called to tell me "Contester, you are out of band!".  I was on 7.147.9.  I
said "but I'm an Extra!"  And he said "The US phone band ends at 150,
contester!" and was never heard from again...

I wish he would have ID'd so I could send him a copy of the post December 16
bandplan!  I was laughing so hard it messed up my cadence for a couple of
minutes.

Poindexter!  Turn off the Wayback Machine, will ya?

All in all, good fun for 8 hours.

Lu-W4LT