[3830] WPX SSB DR1A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernd.fd@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB DR1A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 04:37:51 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DB6JG DF6JC DJ6ET DJ7EG DJ7EO DK2OY DL1MGB DL3DXX DL5LYM DL6FBL
DL8WPX JK3GAD PA1TT PA1TX SM0W
Station: DR1A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  734
   80: 1846
   40: 1835
   20: 1883
   15:  584
   10:  226
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Compared to last year Saturday's propagation was better, but Sunday was much
worse. We could improve our lowband results, but have about 500 QSOs less on
20m, missing mostly USA with rare prefixes (there was a very productive 20m
opening last year on Sunday evening). While last year there was at least SOME
15m opening to USA, it didn't happen this year. Just a few on skew path. 40m
USA was a complete loss in my eyes: not one single W/VE in the first night,
only a weak opening in the second night. Late Sunday it started around 2230z,
but never really opened. Big guns were 5/5 on the meter.

New to our group was Gerard, PA1TX, who came over on Saturday for a few hours.
Everyone else had been operating from here before. We were very happy to
receive Teemu (SM0W) again coming in from Stockholm, and Kazu (JK3GAD) from
London over "Niederrhein Airport" (NRN), which is only about 10 km away from
the station. Amazing that you can fly in at prices cheaper than what I spend in
my car driving to the station on the Autobahn... :-)

On Friday before the contest we enjoyed a picture show of the recent VP6DX
expedition (DL3DXX and DL6FBL were in the team). And here were also most of the
members of the upcoming VK9DWX expedition to Willis Island (VK9W). Final
decisions about the schedule will be made in one month.

See you in WPX CW !

73 Ben
DL6FBL
for the DR1A team