[3830] WPX SSB 4L0A(4L4WW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 4L0A(4L4WW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:33:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 4L0A
Operator(s): 4L4WW
Station: 4L4WW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Obcha, Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:  403
   40:  683
   20: 1883
   15:  235
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

To be in SOAB was decided in few hours prior to the contest. I was absolutely
realistic about the station/qth and my chances in this category but at the end
desire to check some recently introduced antenna settings overcome the other SO
options I was considering. SO2R was not used, this is something new to me and I
had no time to set it properly though all the gears are there.
I am happy to the decision I made since now  have much better understanding to
which direction further improvements are possible. Again despite the
propagation glitches which most of us have experienced I really enjoyed working
this contest.
The whole contest was done running generator. Yet again strong winds prior and
during contest caused frequent power shut downs and I just had no other
reliable option other than relying on big generator which worked just fine.
Wind nevertheless caused another problem, after the break I have found that
both Yagi on 80m and 40 were beaming off. 80m Yagi was off about 90 degrees,
probably that is an explanation why had terrible start with 80m and moved on 40
after an hour of operation.
The rest I guess is self explanatory from the table.
My sincere thanks to all who called
73
Gia