[3830] WPX SSB KR4Z(N4OX) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ox@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KR4Z(N4OX) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:04:19 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KR4Z
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 25.2

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1405
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Congratulations to W7WA for a great score. Dan showed me why he wins this
contest year after year on 20 meters. Chatting with Tim, KY5R last week I told
him I was going to try to see how close I could get to W7WA. Well, I made it to
about Mississippi from northwest Florida in geographic terms as far as how bad I
did in comparison to Dan. I'm sure others beat me as well. Conditions here in
the armpit of Alabama (25 miles north of Pensacola, Florida) were strange to
say the least. The band teased me with a few brief openings to EU and JA, but
mostly was just a pit of QRM. Nice to work Randy, K5ZD from his QTH and then
again /OE within 24 hours as he was on a business trip. The contest would have
been miserable, but I rented an 80 foot lift for the weekend and put a 204BA on
the top section of tower in the lift which played much better than my tri-bander
at 40 feet. I couldn't hear most of the Europeans calling on the tri-bander at
all. The tri-bander did function as a west and south antenna quite well.

73, Jay N4OX