[3830] WPX SSB E77DX(OE1EMS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oe1ems@emssolutions.at
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB E77DX(OE1EMS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 04:09:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: E77DX
Operator(s): OE1EMS
Station: E77DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN84IX (Prijedor)
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   62
   80:  819
   40:  587
   20: 1701
   15:  353
   10:    0
------------

Club: Bosnia And Herzegovina Contest Club (BHCC)

Comments:

In last 2 years i was running WPX SSB as MO, so i allmost frogot how it´s to be
SO in this one. Main plan was M/2 but since we did´t get the team togther i
decide on thursday evening (when i get to my QTH in E7 land) to go SOAB!
on my way to Bosnia i allmost lost 2 radios (comming from repair) and one AMP
on the border. I cross many many times E7 border with my radio equipment
without any problems but this time was very very bad, they keep me there for
more as 2 hours there and with lot of luck (â?¬) was able to to continue my
trip!
There was a lot of work on the station before....station was never before setup
for SO2R and i needed to repair 160m inv V (was three times on 50m high tower),
to put up beverages-only 3 of them (we need to remove 6 beverages after ARRL
CW) and to do some improvments in antenna switching and filtering as well.
Finaly everything was ready few hours before contest.I had even time for 1,5
hours of sleep before :) !

Contest was great fun.Very good rates and great acitivity. I made few
mistakes,
to much S&P, to less time spend on 40m (to less 6 points QSO´s there),....
Satrday evning durning the good opening to NA on 20m we had big rain and very
high statik what made my run pretty slow.
But the bigest problem was after spending allmost whole first night on 80m,
staying without electrical power for more as 4 hours 2nd night.Instade
operating for 6 points on 80m and 40m during second night i was operating durig
sonday morning mosltly EU on 15 and 20...finaly missing some QSO´s points (in
compare to others nostly on 40m). Worked only 10 USA + VE astations first and
second night on 40m and about 80 station in last hour of contest!
Sonday morning after i get power again i realize that my SO2R Box (EZ MASTER)
doesn´t work any more. Did some recableing and contniue the contest without
SO2R box.

Setup:
FT-2000
FT-1000MP
EZMASTER SO2R BOX
OM POWER AMP + HOME MADE AMP (LV6)
160m inv V @ 50m
80m inv V @ 30m
40m 2 el yagi @ 32m
20m 4 el yagi @ 32m
15m 6 el yagi @ 29m
10m 6 el yagi @ 24m
160/80/40 Titanex Vertical V160HD
20/15/10 KT34XA @ 19m
3 x beverages je 120m JA,USA,AF

you cann see few contest pics clicking on following link:
http://www.emssolutions.at/cpg149/thumbnails.php?album=35

It was great to work satraday afternoon Randy K5ZD from USA, and sonday
afternoon from OE (@OE6MBG QTH). Funny!

Congratulations to M6T,OK5R and 4O3A!

Tnx for calling me and hope to work you in WPX CW!

73 es best dx
de OE1(4)EMS - E77DX
Braco