[3830] WPX SSB 9M2CCO SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 9m2cco@9m2cco.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 9M2CCO SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:47:19 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 9M2CCO
Operator(s): 9M2CCO
Station: 9M2CCO

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   37
   20:  314
   15:  225
   10:   23
------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: ICOM IC-756 PRO III, 400 Watts into 5 band Spiderbeam (3-Elements on
20M/15M, 4-Elements on 10M and 2-Elements on 17/12M) approximately 40 feet
high.

Interesting and the greatest contest that I have participated so far.  Other
commitments did not permit a longer operating period, but nevertheless I was
satisfied with the result.  Very surprisingly, 15M opened up to 0300 Local and
I managed to work many new DXCCs from South America.  10M was also opened, with
JAs, and a few other stations coming in 59.  20M managed to create a huge EU
pile up, and was opened later than usual too. 40M was bad though - something
that I really must improve on.  I should not have moved the antenna before the
contest.  Although this gave me 6 points but the slow run rate and local noise
which made hearing even JA stations difficult did not justify it.

Unfortunately, unknowing to me, the Spiderbeam was off by nearly 20 degrees!
This made it difficult to listen to QRP stations - my apologies for having to
turn down many QRP stations as I simply could not hear them.  I even had
problems listening to QRP JA stations, something that a turn of the beam to JA
will usually do the trick.

Thank you for such a great and interesting contest.  Good DX and Happy
Contesting :-)