[3830] WPX SSB KP2TM M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kp2tm@k9tm.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KP2TM M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:42:28 -0700

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

FT-1000MP/Alpha 76PA, NA 10.66

Antennas:

2L 20/15/10 Quad
Cushcraft 40-2CD
80M AI1H dipole
No antenna for 160

You know you're in for a long weekend when after 15 minutes, you are on 40m.
We were hoping to get some use out of 20m at the start but it just didn't work
out.  Hopefully we're at the bottom and on the way back up now.

Repairs were completed on the Cushcraft 40 before the contest.  The lugs that
make up the feedpoint had both broken off.  This was something I found last
November when I went down for SS SSB.  I didn't feel comfortable fixing it by
myself in November, so the repair was left to this trip.

This year we experimented with a receive antenna for 40m.  The antenna consists
of two 40m hamsticks phased to provide a null towards EU.  This helped with the
EU broadcast QRM.

Unfortunately we had no receive antenna for 80m.  There was a lot of noise on
80m all weekend, so we didn't spend much time there.

We heard some southern signals on 10m but not enough to make it worth spending
10 minutes on the band.

Despite the poor conditions and points rule penalty of the QTH, it's still a
good time.

Thanks for all the QSO's (QSL via AI4U).

73's

Tim, K9TM
Dave, K8CC