[3830] GaQP N4GG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP N4GG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:08:37 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   31
   80:  152
   40:  390
   20:  157
   15:    1
   10:    0
    6:    0
--------------------
Total:  731     52  CW Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 76,024

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was not as planned.  Expected to spend a few hours in the relaxed
mode - and fired up at the start with the station still not really together
since having it apart to take to PJ4O for ARRL CW.  The first hour was over 100
on one radio however, so I got motivated and thru the SO2R gear in line and
decided to put a little time in.  One thing leads to another.  The first night
was great.  QRN wasn't too bad despite nearby storms and signals were loud.  I
felt loud.  OM2VL called in on 40 and moved me to 80 and then to 160.  N4PN/M
told me I was 70 over S9 on 80 - that felt good but comments like that bring on
Murphy.  Sunday was a mess.  We had 35 MPH winds here and the 'wires in the
woods' don't like that.  Lots and lots of arc faults on the amps and
inter-station interference as wires touched branches, and the plan to finish on
80 went out the window when the 80/20 antenna went dead with two hours to go.
Turned out a branch had fallen and destroyed a relay and broken one leg of a
key open-wire transmission line.  This 'wires in the woods' thing sure has
drawbacks.  Finished it out on 40 SO1R - no choice.
Enjoyed hearing all the activity and we Peach State folks appreciate it!
Thanks to all the non-GA stations and the rovers for making this so much fun,
and to all the old friends who stopped by.  Our northern neighbors from TN were
in big again - TNX!  Adding DC as a multiplier was a waste of all the
programmers' time - nobody showed up.
2X FT1000MP+INRAD, ACOM 2000A; Writelog, HB SO2R; Wires above the woods, in the
woods, wrapped around the woods and under the woods; K9AY for RX - the
performance of which continues to amaze me.