[3830] GaQP W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:19:34 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:45

  160:    2      0
   80:   32     14
   40:  135     33
   20:   44     10
   15:
   10:
    6:
--------------------
Total:  213     57  CW Mults = 114  Ph Mults = 30  Total Score = 69,552

Club:

Comments:

In between taxes and watching the Masters, what could be more fun?  Well, OK, I
have my priorities backwards. A great party as always! Conditions weren't bad
between Kansas and Georgia most of the time, but had to work hard the first few
hours and again Sunday afternoon. 40 would almost drop out and 20 would almost
go long, but still heard signals and somehow they heard me after a number of
tries.

A nice collection of fixed stations and mobiles. K4HYB takes the easiest to
find from Kansas prize .. heard just about everywhere. The loudest overall
mobile heard from Kansas on both 20 and 40 was definately KN4Y all day
Saturday, and W4AN on Sunday (with KN4Y not far behind). Will have to check
distances, but something was clearly working right for both rigs and I'd like
to know what.

Terrific job by the mobiles putting so many counties on the air. Special thanks
to the following mobiles for keeping it really interesting:

24 KN4Y (great job coming back to the same frequency)
22 NY4N (RR!)
19 N4AN (really loud on Sunday on both 20 and 40)
17 W4NZ (sorry about the 2 dupes at the end, Ted .. also a nice signal)
15 N4PN (WHEE!)
13 W3DYA
 7 KC4HW
 6 W5LE
 5 K4ZGB
 5 WB4A
 4 NE4S
 3 N4FD
 2 NG4Z

Most of my Qs were S&P this time with a little SSB thrown in because I lost my
voice last week (another great reason to enjoy CW!). The voice is coming back,
but didn't want to stress it. Overall, worked 88 unique Georgia calls and 118
unique counties counting both modes. Worked all the counties I heard (unusual,
and a tribute to the ears on the mobiles).

Counties missed: BAKR BENH BLEC BURK CALH CMDN CHTM CHAT CLKE DOOL EARL GREE
HARR HEAR IRWI JASP JOHN LAUR LEE LINC LONG MCDU MONT MUSC OCON OGLE POLK PULA
QUIT SCHL STWT TLBT TALI TERR TIFT TRUE TROU TWIG WFLD WILK WKSN

Counties worked only on SSB: COWE HOUS RICH UPSO

Enjoyed the "rare" county map on the GQP web site. Worked 5/6 of the counties
showing zero Qs from last year with MCDU being the only holdout. WF4W made sure
no one had an excuse to miss SEMI this year!

The last number of years I've help provided emergency comms for a local event
which takes place the same weekend as the GQP. I've often made a few Qs from
the van at the event, but it was fun to work it from home this year. Thanks to
the sponsors, to John for working with the logs, and to all the ops who make
this such an enjoyable event.

Look for me mobile in the Nebraska QSO Party the same weekend as the Florida
QSO Party (Apr 26-27). Nebraska gives out plaques, too, and last year the
out-of-state winner was the one who worked me the most (N6MU). I think I was
the only mobile. If you hear me, give me a call and maybe win a plaque! Since
they don't post mobile routes on the NQP web site, I'll post mine on my QRZ.COM
listing as we get closer to the event. Hope to work you all!

73, Bob, w0bh