[3830] FlQP KG5U SOABCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] FlQP KG5U SOABCW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:33:47 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: SOABCW QRP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

   40:  129     0
   20:  195     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  324     0  CW Mults = 64  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 123,264

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a gas that was.  Conditions limited it to a marginally two-band contest:
20m mostly during the day with some 40m.  With the F12 C3 missing its 20m
reflector AND the rotator quit working leaving the beam pointing NE (SE would
have been preferred this weekend), it added more challenge to make the QSO's.

Kudos to all the mobiles and their great patience pulling me out of the road
noise and baseband noise.  Even when they were nearly s0 here, they still
managed to hear me.  Great job guys and gals!

Was this weekends activity actually bigger than CA QSO Party?  It sure sounded
like 20m was rocking with FQP activity.

In the midst of the FQP activity, I ran across JY4NE up around 14043 calling
CQ.  I sent my call twice and he came back to me.  He went on calling after the
QSO and finally moved elsewhere.

This was great fun and it was great to see the great coverage of FL counties
provided by the mobiles (and the fixed stations, too).  I missed three, but
they were probably activated while I was taking a lunch break. :-)

73 and see y'all next year!

dale, kg5u