[3830] FlQP VE4EAR SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP VE4EAR SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:50:27 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:    0      1
   20:   82     31
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   82     32  CW Mults = 42  Ph Mults = 30  Total Score = 14,040

Club:

Comments:

I really have enjoyed this QSO party in the past few years. Normally I operate
phone only and look forward to working the mobiles on 40m.

This year, this turned into a single band event for me. A late spring freezing
rain storm destroyed my vertical on Thursday and Friday. The steppir vertical
had 1-2 inches of ice coated on almost the full length. Even though it was
guyed at two heights, the weight of the ice caused the upper telescoping
sections to collapse, rendering the top guys useless. Add in two days of
60-90km winds and below freezing temperatures, the fiberglass finally snapped.

I managed to rig a 130 foot doublet between 2 trees , but it was only 20 feet
high at best. I could get out on 20m but 40m was absolutely useless.
Next year, the beams will be up on the new tower and maybe we will even have
some sunspots.

Thanks to all the mobiles and their great ears.

73

ed
VE4EAR