[3830] FlQP W4LT SOABSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP W4LT SOABSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:17:26 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: HIL
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

   40:   0     326
   20:   0     449
   15:   0       3
   10:   0      13
--------------------
Total:   0     789  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 68  Total Score = 107,576

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

As always, I thoroughly enjoy this contest and the home field advantage it gives
my low power station.  Even though conditions were pretty shabby, there is
always a lot of fun to be had in FQP.

Saturday was much better for me than Sunday from a QSO standpoint.  20m opened
way late and sounded watery Sunday morning and 40 was really noisy.

Had several /AG and one /AE in the log, and all seemed very apreciative when I
took the time to greet them.  If you work recent hams and upgrades in ANY test,
consider taking a few seconds to congratulate and welcome them to the contest!
The points you may miss by doing this will be returned to you many fold in
later years.

Thanks to all the KI's and KJ's that showed up and bravely gave it a go.
Welcome to HF and Welcome to the fun world of RadioSport!

Surpassed my personal QSO record from last year by groveling for Q's late
Saturday night.  Took two hours to go to lunch with my wife and kids Sunday, so
no 100% in the chair effort yet again.

Absolutely no 15m or 10m prop to NA from my station.  Only people I worked on
15 were locals that I moved there for the points.

Did work some PY's, CX's and LU's on 10m TE prop by calling CQ contest in
Spanish.  Had a nice little pile going on 28.495 for a while!

Missed only Montana and Alaska for WAS, never heard anyone from DC, and I never
have, for a perfect record in 3 FQP's.  Did work one guy that lives in Chevy
Chase, but I couldnt get him to drive the two miles to DC and call me from
there with his FT817.

Thanks to Ex-Pat FQP'er KH7XS/K4XS for the only HI I heard.  I ended up working
him on 20 with my 40m antenna by accident!  His antennas did all the work!

Great fun!  Hope to be mobile next year!  Not to pat my own club on the back,
but FQP is fast becoming a "Must Do" event for the USA contesting crowd.

OJ's!

-lu-W4LT-