[3830] WPX SSB JA8RWU M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ja8rwu@yahoo.co.jp
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB JA8RWU M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:26:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: JA8RWU
Operator(s): JA8RWU
Station: JA8RWU

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Chitose
Operating Time (hrs): 28.9

------------
  160:
   80:   16
   40:  148
   20:  939
   15:  127
   10:   15
------------

Club:

Comments:

Sorry late but better than never..

We all but me(RWU) were part-timers and I was alone after Sunday evening when
Nozomu,JE8KKX left home.

Unexpectedly we had two JA0 visitors(&operators) for a short while.
Kazu,JA0QNJ and Hiro,JH0USD came here to Sapporo on their own business in
several days before the weekend.
They surprisingly met each other at CTS(Chitose airport) from Niigata on their
way to Sapporo.
USD: "I think I would go to RWU's radio place for a short while in the weekend
during the WPX"
QNJ: "Wish I could go. But guess I would have no time.."

In the Saturday morning we, me & USD started in the contest.
Several hours later in the afternoon or noon QNJ called me on the phone and
said I could have a time and would love to visit me for a few hours.

Then we got together in the contest and also enjoyed ragchew while KKX
operated.

USD once visited me 20yrs ago by bicycle from Niigata when he was a univ.
student.
In 1991 we(and others) operated as KH2S M/S in the CQWWSSB and made
a OC record then.
It's been a while(20yrs or 17yrs) since we got together.
Time flies.

In last Oct. Shige,JH0KHR came here also from Niigata on a business trip and
joined in the CQWWSSB after his work on the week day in the east part of JA8.
(Unfortunately a bear stopped his train for hours and he could not have his
sleeping hours just before the contest.)
Shige returned to JA a year ago after his work in BV-land for 4yrs and has no
station at home now.
In ARRLDXCW this year he operated as JA0QNJ M/S and
I lost the game on that category, hi.

We have a good relationship with hams from Niigata within a half year.
And also will have a good incentive for M/S ! JA8 vs JA0, hi.

Here are some photos;
http://webryalbum.biglobe.ne.jp/myalbum/1000089009081309abe4c303042ffab118c63f430/126239316916479021

73's Akira, JA8RWU