[3830] WPX CW WU3A(W3UA) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ua@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WU3A(W3UA) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:18:54 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WU3A
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  725
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was quite tired after transatlantic flight, so I wanted to skip the contest
altogether.  However, in about an hour from the beginning I discovered some
scattered propagation on 15 -- and decided to spend a few minutes. Then next
morning, with jet lag, I awake quite early, and once again switched on the
radio just for the fun of it... Ended up pondering brass (a.k.a. computer
keyboard).... for 20 more hours during the weekend. In and out, many calls to
family and friends (I spent on skype almost as much time as on the air).

Now I know what does English term "went south" mean -- it's all about
propagation. Even these miserable patches of ionized air decided not to support
YCCC -- so I heard our friends from GA, FL and TX working stations I could not
hear... Anyway, it's bottom of the cycle -- but New England bottom is lower
than other's, hi-hi.

In any case, a few points for YCCC, and 725 multipliers for my friends all over
the globe (as far as I know, there were no other WU3 in the contest).

Gene W3UA