[3830] WPX CW DL8MBS SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DL8MBS SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 01:22:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Erfurt
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  206
   40:  327
   20:  210
   15:  165
   10:  117
------------
Total: 1025  Prefixes = 415  Total Score = 736,210

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Trying to be the S&P "human skimmer" IS fun!

With 5 Watts and lowwires that only have longings to become antennas some day I
had to exploit the great EU-shortskip condx to the max - regardless how deep the
point per qso-value dropped (1,7 at the end).
DX? What DX? Not my wire´s league :-(
Only 8 percent DX-qsos in the log with the majority UA9 and mediterranean. 17
of the 21 worked US-stations heard my signal on 40m.

But it was really big fun to scan the bands on and on (two radios making it
even more interesting). Having no other plan than to repeat at least last years
700 Q it was late sunday afternoon that I calculated a possible result for the
first time. Ooooops. Quiet hope - but I couldn´t believe until two hours to
the end that it turned out to be my first contest breaking the 1000-QSO-mark
:-)

Wish that running stations would keep to the practice of sending "test" at the
end - otherwise anyone coming to the frequency and getting the single call only
 has to guess what is going on. With the established S&P-pratice not to call
when the running station is unknown the omitting of "test" is time saving at
the expense of S&P-stations.

Best 73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)