[3830] WPX CW NK5Q M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NK5Q M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:46:05 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NK5Q
Operator(s): W5ASP, K5WA
Station: NK5Q

Class: M/S HP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 38

------------
  160:    2
   80:   75
   40:  407
   20: 1044
   15:  361
   10:  113
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas : 2 el 40 @ 140'. 5 el 20 @ 130', 5 el 15 @ 110', 5 el 10 @ 110', 3 el
80 delta @ 110', shunt fed 130' 160, single NE beverage

This was a last minute portable operation from W5SJS' Brenham, Texas farm.
Primary objective was to find out how the Elecraft K3s played together and
prioritize station deficiencies for later operations.  Result:  Very pleased
with the K3's ability to sit next to strong signals and pull out weak ones.
W5ASP put it, "Like walking a grassy green clear path where the woods were once
overgrown with weeds and vines".  The K3s (and ICE Bandpass filters) allowed us
NO interference between rigs except if we were at a second harmonic, i.e. 7020
and 14040.  Even then, the 20M station could get within 10 Khz of the second
harmonic with no ill effect.

We also tried out a new 3 element NE delta loop on 80 and shunt fed tower on
160.  Not much activity there to really test it out though.  We put up one NE
beverage and found it helped on 80 for some Europeans, but we were on 80 too
late to give the beverage a good test.  We also had bad QRN from storms
passing.  Apologies to F6BEE on 80M (after his sunrise) who sent his number
MANY times in order to get it through.  Je suis desolate.

W5ASP and I look forward to improving this station for future operations.