[3830] WPX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1ri@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:49:21 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OK5R
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI/OK1RF

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1932
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Even few hours before the contest I was not sure if to go 40m or all bands. I
never did WPX on 40m on CW, I also felt that Eu record is within reach, so I
decided to give it a try. I was not very happy with this decision, while
strugling to make 15 Q/hour during the day.... The nights were not so bad, but
the propagation to USA was sort of "short", only few west-costers made it
through. Number of JAs is smaller and smaller each year and most were very weak
this year, BYs are rising but still a few. On the end I have the claimed score 1
mil pts more than EU record so I hope that after the "dust settles" it will be
still over. But wonder what has the competion.....

One remark - clicks. There are stations who are very loud and you can be 250Hz
from them and work, there are others who are not so loud but you can not be 1
kHz from them. I made a few remarks and checked "known" data and most
"resolved" cases were users of FT1000MP. SHAME on them - and of course YAESU -
why they can't make a simple mod described by many ?!?!. Or is it a strategy
how to keep clear frequency ???? Than even bigger SHAME on them.

First try with WIN-TEST after few years with N1MM. There are things which I
like, but there are others I like with N1MM.....

Thanks for a QSO and hope to hear you again in next contest.

ANT:
2x5Y - 24m boom full size @52/26m - bottom fix to USA.
3el.Deltaloop @ 42m fixed to JA
dipole @ 4m.