[3830] WPX CW K6GEP SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K6GEP SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 22:09:04 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:   29
   40:   76
   20:  118
   15:   62
   10:   29
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

For my low power station with wires, condix were fair to poor.  I had a goal to
break 100,000 points, but I didn't make it.  Seemed like
propagation to South America and the Caribbean was difficult from here.
I worked about 5 Europeans after working none last year. Good condix to
the Pacific on 20m late into the evening.  I think that is why my 20M total
is higher and my 40 and 80M are less than last year.

The big story was 10 and 15 meters that saved the contest.  The short skip was
fantastic. I was amazed at the propagation at times between Southern California
and Northern California.  Even had a good path to San Diego some of the time.
So, I was able to fill in a few states for WAS on 10 and 15 meters.  Still
about 20 more to go for 5BWAS.  I wish more of the VE7's would have been
on 10 and 15.  Maybe some were single band entries.  Worked VE7UF on 5 bands.

The most amazing contact was with D4C at 0400z on 20, which is the latest
I've ever worked him at night.  Also surprised the opening to Europe on 20 was
about 2200z rather than the usual 0300z.

Tnx to all the stations on Hawaii for their 3 pointers.  Also love all the
various Alaskan prefixes now.  Again, I don't think I worked the old KL7 one.

Calls to watch out for:  NR4M and NR5M.

Comparison to last year

             2007       2008
--------------------------------