[3830] N8XX MiQRP Memorial Day CW Sprint 2008

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] N8XX MiQRP Memorial Day CW Sprint 2008
From: n8xx@arrl.org
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:24:05 -0400
N8XX MiQRP Memorial Day CW Sprint 2008

Call Used: N8XX
Operators: N8XX
Category Code: Single Operator All Band
Station Location: Rockford, MI
Rig:  Drake TR-5, Johnson Matchbox
Antenna: 40 metre Dipole up about 35 feet
Highest Power:  4.9 Watts (as best could be determined with Heath QRP Power
Meter)
Exchanged Info:  RST MI 1472

80 M QSO's             4  (All non members)
80 M Multipliers       1
40 M QSO's            15  *2 Members, 13 non members)
40 M Multipliers      11
20 M QSO's             4  (All non members)
20 M Multipliers       3

Total QSO Points      52
Total Multipliers     14
Location Multiplier    5

Total Claimed Score: 780

I entered the MiQRP Memorial Day Sprint because it seemed a good thing to
do.  I looked at the exchange rules, and dove right in.  Bands were okay,
but activity seemed low.  I had seen the sprint in the N2CQ QRP contest
list, but hadn't seen much other publicity.

It turns out that I was supposed to do the publicity.  Yep, I was
"volunteered" at the annual meeting at the Marshall (Michigan) hamfest to be
in charge of awards for the MiQRP club, but didn't realize that this also
involved being in charge of collecting logs for the four contests/sprints
throughout the year.  So, for those who partook of the event, please send a
summary and a copy of your log to me.

73 de n8xx Hg