[3830] WPX CW WE3C M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we3c@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WE3C M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 06:09:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WE3C
Operator(s): K3CT, K3TEJ, N3RD, W2GD, W3FV, WE3C
Station: WE3C

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    2
   80:  352
   40: 1003
   20: 1530
   15:  301
   10:   21
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We decided to operate in the Multi-One class due to schedule conflicts related
to the holiday weekend.  Fortunately, we were able to develop an operator
schedule that covered the hours, accommodated the conflicts and kept the run
seat filled.

We were very pleased to have John, K3TEJ and Dave, N3RD join the team. (This
set a new record of four John's operating at WE3C at one time. It made for
interesting communications!)

40M was very productive for us most of the contest.  Signals were strong and
there was good activity.  We made a move to run there for the last 1.5 hours
that proved to be good.

20M was disappointing both mornings with very slow runs.  Based on the postings
it looks like a lot of the EU activity had moved to 15M & 10M.  Later in the day
the rates were better.  We were surprised at the early morning Asia openings
direct path.  Late afternoon JA runs never appeared.

80M was mostly a multiplier band.  We had a good run second night.

15M opened to EU Saturday morning and we ran for about 2 hours.  Sunday it
never opened enough to move there to run.  We worked JA both afternoons.

10M it was great to hear and work a little EU.  Most of the stations heard were
mults we worked on other bands.  It was surprising that there was very little
North/South activity.

160M never opened enough to consider running there.  A few new mults were heard
(TA, RN6), but they disappeared before we could call.

Multipliers were plentiful, we missed some,  but got lucky and found most again
before the end.

Q's By Points:
Six    804
Four    83
Three 1150
Two     72
One   1099
Zero     1
Total 3209

Congratulations to our team for the outstanding results with our first ever M/S
entry!

Thank you to the sponsors, all the callers and the great competition.

The WE3C Team