[3830] WPX CW F6BEE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW F6BEE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:08:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: F6BEE
Operator(s): F6BEE
Station: F6BEE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: W. France
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    6
   80:  239
   40:  688
   20: 1094
   15:  334
   10:  116
------------

Club:

Comments:

I decided very late during the week to enter the contest, having not recovered
from Dayton contesters' nights and jet lag !  Nothing worked as planned on
Friday and so I arrived late at the station, had to set up the SO2R station and
do the usual (and additional unpredicted) antenna work. I also had to cut part
of the high grass under the antennas on saturday morning.
The 5 el monobander on 15m is still stuck fixed to the US and I used a recently
installed 3 el SteppIR at 12m for the other directions.
Tiredness selected the best operating time for me, certainly not the best ones
!
For sure I missed the now famous 15 and 10 m openings with USA.
Fortunately, the thunderstorms forecast for all of the week end lasted only a
couple of 10 minutes, with less than 10 mn of very noisy bands.
All in all, a pleasant contest that could have been better with a fresher
operator but not as bad as expected !

73 and C U in IARU HF
Jacques