[3830] WPX CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk3qz@rrdxa.eu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:58:27 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): DJ0SP,DK3QZ,DL2OBF,DL3HAH,DL4YR,DL5XX,LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Luxembourg
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  338
   80:  906
   40: 1496
   20: 1975
   15: 1351
   10: 1186
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

A few days before the WPX-CW contest, another RRDXA team found the way to
Luxembourg to run the contest at LX7I. Thanks to Philippe, a lot of pre-work
was done when we arrived at his station. Although we could only set up 4
stations, we decided to go for M/M to maxmize fun as well as our club score.
During the contest, we kept 3-4 stations on air most of the time. 10 Meter was
the big surprise especially on saturday with nice openings within EU and a few
stations from Asia. This was another nice event not only due to the contest. We
made new friends with which we did not operate before. This makes contesting a
unique community.

Station1 (15m and 80m):

    * IC756 Pro III + Ameritron 1200
    * 80m: 4-Suqare
    * 15: 4-El.Mono band Beam

Station2 (20m):

    * Elecraft K2 + TL922
    * 4 el Monoband Beam
    * 5 el Monoband Beam

Station3 (40m):

    * TS570D (horrible RX!) + Emtron DX-2
    * 2el Monoband Beam

Station4 (10m + 160m):

    * IC 735 + Expert 1KW (my new one :-)
    * 160m: Dipole
    * 10: 5 el. Monoband Beam

Logging Software:

    * N1MM Logger Version 7.12.25

The equipment wen't well except the Acom2000 (20m) which went offline after one
hour with error message "ARC Fault". Fortunately we had an older TL922 for spare
which worked fine until the end (ok, ok, it's not coparable to a DR1A-like
equipment...).

Of course we had to deal with interference between the stations but overall to
an acceptable degree, esspecially we had amlost no preparation time. The
station was put together on Friday, including the set up of the 5 el. Monomand
Beam for 20m.

Thanks again to Phillipe, LX2A who buildt this nice station and hosted our
operation.

Sure you'll hear more from LX7I during the contest period.