[3830] ANARTS KL8DX SOST HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS KL8DX SOST HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:51:16 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOST HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): >2

   80:
   40:
   20:  114  1719    19
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  114  1719    19  Continents = 4  Total Score = 220,032

Club: Alaska DX Club

Comments:

The midnight sun kept me outdoors more than indoors so I only
operated for a short time. The bands got much worse on Saturday
night / Sunday morning due to the geomagnetic storms. I kept
checking 15 meters but nothing heard here. The low bands were
inoperable due to local QRN so I never ventured off of 20 meters.

I only had a couple of macro issues, one being with AI6YL. One
of my macro buttons in N1MM logger refused to send the time for
some reason. I have two sets of macros, those for running and the
second set for S&P. My S&P macro just refused to send the time!
Sorry about that Sue. My other was with a EU station and it was
my operator error due to hitting the wrong Fkey.

A fun contest and I am hopeful next year will yield better band
conditions. Never heard a VK station but I did make it into ZL.

Thanks to the sponsors for a great contest!  See ya next summer.

Phil
KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK