[3830] ARRL June VHF K9GY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eric.p.hall@us.army.mil
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K9GY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 19:56:47 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  128    68  Total Score = 9,860

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Tried something different this year. Went with 2, 222, and 432 M-squared loops
on fiberglass separate push-up masts. For six meters used a dipole and the
Cushcraft R8. It all worked ok for a portable home setup. Seemed like I made a
lot of QSO with the vertical, hah!

Conditions on Sunday were much better than Saturday.

Thanks to Jerry KE9I for building the Elecraft 222 xvtr before the contest.
First time on 222 and I've been a ham for 31 years! I like the band just wish
more people were on it.

The farthest grids worked:
DM69/68/65/54, EM00, EL06, EL83, FN41/44
Great to work Cuba and Mexico!

Equip:
FT-857D (100w-6m, 50w-2m, 20w-432)
FT-817  (20-25w with Elecraft xvtr)

Probably end up missing the CQ VHF in July :-(

Best of health to all,
Eric