[3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:34:33 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  123    85  Total Score = 11,730

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday was very boring, no Es, and only few really good long haul Tropo
contacts with DN02 and DN03 on 144, 222, and 432 to keep things interesting.
Sunday was totally different... From the moment I woke up the bands were
humming. 50 MHz never did completely open. It was constantly shifting about
working my rotor to death. Around midday the 144 MHz radio burst to life with
loud signals from a very small footprint in the Midwest. It was open from 1939Z
to approximately 2045Z with N0GZ-EN31, KM0T-EN13, K9AKS-EN20, WD0T-DN94, &
NG0R-EN25 making it into the log. The most unique thing of the weekend was
first working NG0R on 144 MHz with extremely loud signals only to find myself
struggling to work him just above the noise on 50 Mhz a mere 10 minutes
later... Amazing...

73s from DM09nm de Tim - K7XC - DM09nm... sk