[3830] ARRL June VHF K2KW Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenny.k2kw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2KW Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 04:53:25 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  120    48  Total Score = 5,760

Club:

Comments:

This was a warmup for PJ6/K2KW in 2 weeks!  http://pj6-k2kw.blogspot.com/

My wife and I (Stephanie KD8GKM) will be on Saba for a week, and we will focus
on 6m.

Saturday afternoon of the ARRL June VHF contest,  I built a 2 ele 6m
lightweight Yagi we will be bringing to PJ6 .  I installed it on my wife's
feather duster on the back deck, with a total height of 14'. Worked great, and
the intense Es mid day Sunday was fun.  But other than the intense Es, it was
tough to get any rate running barefoot and a 2 ele yagi at 14'!

No double hop heard, and I struggled to work CO2OJ, but I finally logged him,
and a few XE's. Lots of other spots for Carib stations I couldnt hear.  Later
Sunday evening, as the sun was setting, 6m closed out except for a loud VE2 on
SSB.  I turned the antenna NE, and on CW logged a bunch of mostly weak VE's for
some last minute extra mults.

73, Kenny K2KW