[3830] ARRL June VHF N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:40:01 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  25     6  Total Score = 150

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I almost missed this contest.  I saw it mentioned on our club
reflector, so I thought I'd try out my new K3 on 6m.  I've never
worked 6m before, so had no idea what to expect.  I assumed it
would be a lot like 10m, dead this part of the sunspot cycle.

I had a fun time, working a number of locals around San Francisco
Bay, but nothing much outside the Bay Area until a small opening
when I worked two Colorado stations.  I felt that was pretty good
for 5w and a 40m dipole :-)  Six mults and 25 QSOs isn't going to
set any records :-)

This was a good opportunity to try out various audio adjustments
on weak signals.  I also had a very strong nearby station check
my sidebands for splatter.  He gave me a clean bill of health and
compliments on the audio quality.  Nice to hear.

Now I'm spending time with EZNEC, what-iffing various antenna
ideas for 6m.  This could be catching.

Thanks to all who answered my CQs.  Hope to make the next
vhf contest.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude