[3830] ARRL June VHF N9VN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vinoul@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N9VN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:12:50 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  38     29  Total Score = 1,160

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Whew... what a contest. 6m was open both days. Was in and out of the shack most
of the weekend, but got to work a bunch of new grids.  Was running about 30-40
watts to the HF indoor random wire dorm room antenna.  This and CQWW VHF should
be the last contests with this antenna and this QTH.  I should have a beam on 6m
from the new QTH by the end of summer... then things should pickup dramatically,
assuming there's any Es left.

I managed a few contacts on 2m and 70cm with some rovers in the area. But most
of my time was spent on 6m chasing the new grids. I suspect this was the same
for most people, cause I hardly heard a peep on 2m.  Final damage is 38 qso's
and 29 grid squares, most of them new. That should put the grid total so far
this summer up to about 70 grids. I think I've become a 6m junkie...

Got lots of grids in the northeast, texas area, and florida as usual. Also
worked a Mexican station, but that was before the start of the contest.
Hopefully things will stay this good for Field Day and CQ WW VHF contest in
July.

Vince - N9VN