[3830] WPX CW W3SE/6(@N6OPR) SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3SE@dxer.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W3SE/6(@N6OPR) SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 04:47:52 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W3SE/6
Operator(s): W3SE
Station: N6OPR

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  409
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was planning on being back in New Zealand for the contest, but very near to DX
Convention in Visalia, my appendix decided to rupture, which put me in the
hospital for a couple of weeks.  I was released the weekend before the contest,
with no flight orders from my Dr.

What better way to recover from this than to participate in the contest from
the home land.  Surprised a few people with the home call, as many expected me
to be back in ZL by then.  Many thanks to N6OPR for the use of his station.
Had to make a keying cable for the computer, and a few others.

Main goals were to relax, have fun, and WAC, did all three.  Not as many JA's
as I was looking for, but did work quite a few, always helps raise the numbers.
 Tough haul to EU this time of year on 40M from So Cal.

FT-1000MP MK-V Field
C-4E 40M dipole @ 45ft

Thanks for all the Q's

73,