[3830] ARRL June VHF W0ZQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W0ZQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:36:51 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN34
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  251   113
    2:   57    26
  222:   25    13
  432:   34    14
  903:   10     8
  1.2:   19    11
  2.3:   11    10
  3.4:    9     8
  5.7:    1     1
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  418   205  Total Score = 123,205

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

The last few June contests I have operated as a rover so it was fun to operate
the home station for a change of pace. 100w and a pair of stacked loops on 6m,
but what fun it was playing on that band ! It sure seems that 6M CW activity
has really come on in the last few years .... its a great place to pick up new
(weaker) multi's who are on the fringe of any opening. 2m E's is always an
exciting time - during the 2m E's I tried 222 with K5TR twice with just a very
short but strong "ping" heard on my end.  We even had some aurora, yes aurora,
late Sat afternoon on 6 and 2m.  Tropo was non-existant for us, and in fact
local tropo conditions were just average at best and with 6m's being so wild,
everyone was up there thus making 2m a bit more quiet than usual.  I made one Q
on 5.7 and 10G via local rain scatter where I had to manually elevate my deck
mounted (portable) dishes (in the land of 50' maple trees)... it was a
challenge to send CW and to hold the dish at the same time, I'm sure I must
have look like one of those one-man band shows.  Many thanks to the rovers who
did a great job !  Look for W0ZQ/R in the August UHF contest (aka Rovermania
V).   73, Jon