[3830] ARRL June VHF N5AW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N5AW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:51:14 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  355   159  Total Score = 56,922

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was fun! Saturday morning I put up antennas (5L 6m yagi, 4 L 2m) and hooked
up a radio to check out things for field day - thought this contest would be a
nice test. To my surprise I ended up making 355 Q's. Had some decent rates on 6
CW but one of those magic band openings on SSB Saturday afternoon netted 50 Q's
in 15 minutes. Worked more New England stations than I can ever remember plus
three VE1's and VY2SS. Not much DX though - XE, ZF, and CO was it. By Tuesday
evening I had three new states confirmed on LOTW bringing my LOTW six meter
total to 46. Worked several ME stations in the contest so hoping one of them
will come through for #47. Still need LA, OK, and WA but none of those were
worked in the contest.