[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:20:23 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 20

Call: W0BH/M
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:
   40:  16      6
   20:  18      8
-------------------
Total:  34     14  Total Score = 476

Club:

Comments:

Greetings to all from just behind Pikes Peak in CO! The good news .. 9300'. The
bad news .. deep in a valley, so was pleasantly surprised when SNS yielded 13
Qs. I was connected to a 20/40m dipole combination 25 ft up in a tree, so
wasn't actually mobile, but really didn't feel like sending W0BH/0 (one zero is
bad enough), so sent /M instead to let everyone know I wasn't in KS.

A few minutes before SNS, we had a brief thunderstorm come through with rain
and hail, but it stopped after a few minutes so I reconnected the antennas and
was good to go. Both bands were open both directions for me and good ears out
there really helped to make it worth the time setting up the dipoles. Lots of
fun getting through on the jump balls, but had very little success with
subsequent CQs for some reason.

Next NS, should be back putting KS in your logs once again. Happy summer to
all.

73, Bob, w0bh/co