[3830] ARRL FD K9GX 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gx@thepoint.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K9GX 1E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:08:31 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     618      0  Total Score = 618

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

While I haven't "played" in FD for a couple of years, it seemed as though
activity was up. Guess a lot of folks decided to "Ride the Waves". Decided to
give it a go at about 1600 UT on Saturday, but only if on emergency power. Had
a bit of a struggle getting the genset running. Hadn't started it for several
months...my bad.

Finally got the genset running and located outside the shack...whew! I'm
getting too old for this sort of thing...fired up the radio and got TRLog
configured at about 00 UT.

Had nice pile ups all evening...was beginning to think I was the only station
on from Indiana! Kept the rate-o-meter up around 100+ per hour all evening,
which kept me in the chair longer than I had intended.

Probably should have checked 6m, but as long as rate was decent I just stayed
where I was.

Had a blast with many Qs with kids operating...or assisting control ops. Always
paused to visit with kids...to ask their name, age, and if they were having
fun.

Hopefully educated a number of newbies on giving complete calls, etc.

Had fun and a sore arm (genset starter cord kickback!) to prove it.

73, K9GX