[3830] RAC Day W0BH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RAC Day W0BH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:55:50 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 13
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   17     58       5         7
   40:   71      8       7         0
   20:  136    334      10        12
   15:   17     83       5         6
   10:    4      4       1         2
    6:
    2:
Total:  245    487      28        27  Total Score = 311,080

Club:

Comments:

RAC contests are really friendly, busy and fun, so even after 24 hours of Field
Day a few days before, couldn't pass this one up even though I didn't put in
full time.  Started 2 hours late and know I missed a lot, but when I did get
going, bands were in good shape. With Field Day so close and Canada Day falling
on a weekday this year, total Qs were down from over 1250 last year, but much
higher percentage of VEs (68%) gave me a nice improvement in score.

Overall, worked all mults but VY1 this year. Special thanks to VY0HL for
surprising me (and probably lots of others as well) with NU near the end after
I'd all but given up hope. 10m was open from Kansas for only a short time, but
helped out with a few more mults. Also enjoyed working VE3MXJ and VE4CCA, both
of whom I met first during travels to Ontario and Manitoba the past several
years.

Thanks to VE7RI for 7 Qs, KO7X for 6, and VA2RAC (heard everywhere), VE3DZ,
VE4YU, and VE6AO for 5. Congrats to N4PN for an outstanding effort from the
US.

Already looking forward to the RAC-WINTER!

73, Bob, w0bh