[3830] DL-DX RTTY K4GMH SO/Multi Xcvr HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] DL-DX RTTY K4GMH SO/Multi Xcvr HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:22:12 -0700
                    DL-DX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO/Multi Xcvr HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   78   905    24
   20:  325  4295    47
   15:   80   920    25
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  483  6120    96  Total Score = 789,480

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the contacts.  Fifteen showed up with a number of nice European
signals.  None were exceptionally strong just good copy on most.  Twenty was
okay when first got on,~1300Z, and seemed to get better later in the day,
~1800Z.  Forty was okay until the noise level got bad around 2200Z.  Wish I
could have spend more time in the Contest or at least at the start of the
Contest.  However, the weather took care of my plans to operate any more than I
did.

Originally, was suppose to help a friend lower his 40 meter ant.  However, the
weather was bad and the "ant. party" was called off .  The same bad weather
took care of trying to operate the first couple of hours of the Contest.
Around 2300Z another set of storms moved in making the noise level on 40 m so
loud that even the "CW operators" deliberate jamming my mark freq. were drowned
out!  Called it quits as the local weather radar on the internet and showed the
storms were going to be around all evening.

Still had fun for the operating time weather allowed.  Again, thanks for all
the contacts.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH